Compounding for Specialty Polymers
Ovation Polymers is a specialty engineered plastic compounder headquartered in Medina, Ohio. Our compounding offerings range from routine to specialized processes such as dispersion, reactive extrusion, grafting, cross-linking polymers, devolatilization, performance/functional fiber reinforcement, and the processing of nano-engineered molecules.
We offer ESD protection, electrically conductive- and ESD-safe materials, thermal management solutions with thermally conductive plastics (TCP), fire and flammability solutions with flame retardant materials, high-temperature materials, plating grade materials, and specialty TPEs that easily bond to a variety of substrate materials. Get in touch with us today to learn more about our specialty polymers and performance polymers.
Featured Conductive Specialty Polymers
Electrically Conductive OpteSTAT™ compounds are our patented carbon-nanotube-based specialty polymer compounds and composites designed for exceeding the challenging performance requirements for ESD-safe applications in the disk drive, semiconductor, and electronics industries, as well as automotive, industrial, and wire and cable industries.
Thermally Conductive Nemcon™ compounds, based on our patented technology platform, are ideal for heat sink applications in LED as well as for other thermal management challenges in electronics, industrial, and automotive applications.
Quality Systems and Certifications
ISO 9001: 2008 certification in April of 2009 to April of 2017
ISO 9001: 2000 from May of 2006 to April of 2009
- Ovation Polymers strives to meet and exceed customer expectations through employing systems in manufacturing and business that encompass reliability, accuracy, efficiency, and a sense of urgency in meeting customer requirements.
- Ovation Polymers stresses the importance of worker protection through safety, quality systems, and production training.
- Our experienced manufacturing team works diligently to meet customer requirements in product quality, on-time delivery, production yields, and inventory accuracy of toll compounded products and Ovation Polymers’ brand products.
- We value open, frank communication with our customers and believe this is central to achieving agility. We honor people with the courage to express their ideas to our accessible technical support team.
- Honesty and integrity are the foundation of our organization. We believe in honesty with our customers, clients, employees, investors, and ourselves.
Featured Performance Polymers
The Performance Polymer Compounds business group provides innovative performance polymers, application development, and custom compounds and composites. Please use the Product Selection Matrix below to decide which performance polymer product is right for your application. Click on any product names below for more information.
For product inquiries and more information, please call us at 1-330-723-5686, toll-free at 1-866-99-OPTEM, or email us here.
|General Application:||Product Type / Features:||Potential Applications:||Product Name:|
|Electro-Static Control||Carbon Nanotube (CNT)
Injection Molded Trays
|Electro-Static Control||Electrically Conductive
Product Assembly Housing
Surface Mount Connectors
|Thermal Management||Thermally Conductive
Motors / Armatures
|High Performance Composites||Thermally and/or Electrically Conductive
||Electrical Housings / Connectors
Disk Drive Components
|Performance Masterbatches||Custom-Engineered Masterbatches
Thermally Conductive Compounds: Nemcon™ H
Ovation Polymers™ Nemcon™ H melt-processable thermally conductive polymers are based on our patented technology platform. These products are ideal for replacing aluminum as low-weight heat sinks in LED bulbs and modules. We offer a wide range of grades for molding and extrusion processing with performance characteristics such as flame retardancy (UL 94 V0), surface finish, high die-electric strength (above 5KV of breakdown voltage), ease of processing, mechanical properties, and customized platable and paintable grades.
- Ideal for Aluminum Replacement
- Optional Electrical Conductivity
- Custom Solutions with Tailored Conductivities
- In-Plane Conductivity Up to 20 W/mK
- Through-Plane Conductivity Up to 3.5 W/mK
- Consistent Quality and Clean Products
Excellent Heat Transfer:
- Heating and Cooling Applications
- Heat Dissipation can be Superior to Metals
- Integrate Cooling into More Parts
- 40% Lighter than Metals
Superior Product Performance:
- Greater Reliability
- Longer Service Life
- Higher Operating Levels
- Cost Effective Processing
- Part Consolidation
- Eliminate/Reduce Secondary Operations
- LED Fixtures
- Heat Sinks
- Interface Materials
- Chipsets and IC Assembly
- Under-Hood Components
- Radiator End Caps
- Fuel Pumps
- LED Displays
- Hybrid/Electric Vehicles
- Fuel Cells
Heating and Cooling:
- Heat Exchangers
- Radiant Heating
- Instrument Housings
Nemcon™ H: List of Available Product Grades:
- Nemcon™ H LCP
- Nemcon™ H PPS
- Nemcon™ H PC
- Nemcon™ H POM
- Nemcon™ H PC/ABS
- Nemcon™ H PA
- Nemcon™ H PEI
- Nemcon™ H PPO
- Nemcon™ H SPS
- Nemcon™ H PE
- Nemcon™ H PP
- Nemcon™ H TPU
Nemcon™ H: Technical Data Sheets:
Please email us for technical data sheets.
Ovation Polymers has a total of 105,000 sq. feet of production plant, warehouse, and office space. We provide specialty toll compounding services, with special capabilities of processing materials such as carbon nanotubes. We also offer trial runs on your tolling and compounding projects. We specialize in our proprietary products such as Thermally Conductive and Electrically Conductive materials, which can be customized to your needs. We’ll work closely with you to achieve your goals.
For toll compounding inquiries or more information, please call us at 1-330-723-5686, toll-free at 1-866-99-OPTEM, or email us here.
- Large, medium, or small production lots
- Specialty compounding
- Liquid injection and vacuum devolatilization capabilities
- Difficult-to-make products
- Full service from trials to production
Equipment and Capabilities:
- Quality Standard – ISO 9001:2015 certified
- Twin screw extrusion process
- Proprietary process design
- Five production lines
- Carbon Nano Tube (CNT) compounding
- Complex process design flexibility
Ready to get started with our specialty polymers, performance polymers, or toll compounding services? Get in touch with our team here. We’ll work closely with you to identify the right material solution for your application.